While streaming services are becoming popular and the minimalistic trend has made mounting of televisions on the walls popular, media consoles and TV stands are still in demand. When shopping for consoles and a TV stand there are many aspects to consider to ensure you end up with the perfect fit for your home.
- One of the most important factors to consider is the placement of the TV in the room and the size of your television. Modern-day flat-screen TVs, generally, don’t require a depth of more than 8 inches on the stand. The width of your TV plays an important role in selecting your stand. Plan on leaving at least 12 inches on either side for speakers or other media accessories.
- The next step is choosing the height of your stand. Position your TV so the lower half of the screen is level to your TV viewing sight line. If you have a tall chair or couch, make note of this and choose a taller stand to avoid looking down while watching TV. The latter situation can cause neck strain over time.
- There are multiple options when it comes to storage. If you prefer an uncluttered clean look, then closed shelf stands are the way to go. Open shelf TV stands are popular for those who want easy access to all of their media accessories. The most popular TV stands offer both open and closed shelf storage.
- You should determine how many electronic consoles and accessories you will have for your television. See if your cable box, Blu-ray player, stereo sound system and PlayStation can be kept in or on your TV stand, without any risk of them falling down. It should also clean the cutter and arrange the cords seamlessly, ensuring that the cords do not stick out like a sore thumb when you are enjoying your favorite shows.
- The TV stands can be flat units or corner units. If your room size is small, you may want a TV stand that goes in the corner and takes up minimal space on the floor.
- The final decision to make when selecting a TV stand is the finish and materials. This comes down to personal preference and there are endless options available for modern, traditional and everything in between. A traditional TV stand would have a more classic design with wooden body, carved embellishments and a subtle smell of the pine or timber. A modern stand will come with a contemporary design and can be made of glass or metal, with a variety of designs with different pros and cons, depending on your needs. (There are even fireplace TV stands in the market that can allow you to enjoy relaxing flames and warmth while watching your television!
Quick Size Guide
|TV Stand Size||Recommended Minimum TV Size (Diagonal)||Recommended Maximum TV Size (Diagonal)|
By using these helpful tips you’re sure to find the perfect TV stand for your home at PriceCo.org.